Friday, February 20, 2009

Plants grow up so fast these days

Well, now that it is Spring Break and I have a little bit of time, I decided to go ahead and transplant some more plants and plant some new seeds. The image above is the updated setup. I transplanted my bell peppers, hot pepper and tomatoes to larger pots.

Instead of going with the florescent tubes, I went with two CFL's that are daylight and equivalent to 100 watts. The bulbs and fixtures are inexpensive and more flexible.

As for the new seeds, I planted Cucumber, Lettuce, Green Beans, Cantaloupe, Watermelon, and Sunflower. I'm going to need to get more pots and lights for all this, since the last frost won't be for a while.

This is one of the Italian Grape Tomatoes in a container fashioned out of an orange juice cartoon.

These are all the plants that I have moved from the seedling tray.


I put the Cilantro in this strange pot I found. Seems to have slowed in growth since the transplanting. (In photo: Indy)

No comments:

Post a Comment